Cycles: Assemblage art
Target Group: Art 1Big Ideas:Life Cycles, Humans and Nature
Using recycled and found objects, students will create an assemblage sculpture in the style of artist Louise Nevelson. Nevelson believed by using discarded materials in her art, it gave these items new life. The students will discuss why using recycled and found objects can help the environment and make art more accessible to others.
- Students will improve craftsmanship through creating an assemblage.
- Students will learn about different ways artists express ideas.
- Students will be able to articulate how their work affects the community.
- Students will be able to see new uses for discarded materials.
- Students will discussion the use of texture in art.
- Students will create assemblage relief sculpture
Standards of Education:
National Standard: 4-c, 2-c
Virginia Standards: AI.3, AI.4, AI.6, AI.20, AI.21