Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art Education with a Minor in Crafts + Material Studies
Tidewater Community College, Norfolk, VA
Associates of Applied Arts in Studio Arts with Specialization in Crafts. Cum Laude
Kee Business College, Chesapeake, VA
Associates of Massage therapy
Student Teacher, John Marshall High School, Richmond, VA 2014
- Led activities with afterschool Art Club and served as liaison for non-profit organization ART 180 within the school. Documented school functions and activities for yearbook.
Student Teacher, Arthur Ashe Jr. Elementary School + Kaechele Elementary School, Henrico Co., VA 2014
- Designed and taught units using big ideas for K - 5. Co-directed Art Club. Created student work displays. Participated in non-teaching duties.
Program Leader, Video game program ART 180, 2013 - 2014
- Designed after school program for inner-city youth to create video games about making change in their community. Two 12-week programs taught game structure and design, digital drawing, creative thinking and problem solving. Culminated in art exhibit of student work. Used Gamemaker program and maintained computer lab.
Co-teacher, Video game program The Smithsonian Associates Summer Camp Summer 2013
- One week program taught game structure and design, digital drawing, and problem solving. Used Gamemaker program and maintained computer lab. Co-lead multiple fieldtrips.
Practicum Teacher, Lloyd C. Bird High School, Chesterfield Co, VA 2013
- Designed and taught unit on community and identity for Art III and IV. Assisted in Art I ceramics demo.
Practicum Teacher, Binford Middle School, Richmond, VA 2013
- Co-taught and designed unit on identity for sixth grade culminating in group fieldtrip. Designed field trip pamphlet and lead group on trip to Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.
Massage Therapist, 2005 – Present
Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa 2011-present
Cedarwood Chiropractic 2008-2011
Changes Hairstyling and City Spa 2005-2008
- Used skills in teamwork, communication, public speaking and interpersonal relations. Also used appointment booking software, excel and word.
Achievements and Distinctions
Hermitage Museum and Gardens Studio Artist 2010-2011
VCU Dean’s List: 2012-2014
Co-presented VA Education Association Conference 2013,
- Riding the STEAM Train with Video Game Design
National Art Education Association Student Chapter Vice-President and Treasurer, 2013
- Guatemala: Arts and Transformation, 2013
- Art History in Rome, 2006
- Tidewater Community College Student Art Show, 2009
- Hermitage Museum Studio Artists’ Group Exhibition, 2011
- El Tejido de una Comunidad, 2013
- Visual Arts Center’s 50th Anniversary Craft + Design Show, 2013
Children’s Museum of Richmond
- Early Childhood Education Assistant 2011-2012
Carver Promise Volunteer Mentor Fall semester 2011
Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters:
- Pain Fair Hematology/Oncology Units, 2004 and 2005
- Assistant Teacher of Massage Therapy for families with Sickle Cell Disease, 2005